Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday 10 November 2011

My Favourite Classes- Sam

So, as you may or may not know my concentration on the ISVP Program is Hip Hop, which covers a wide range of "Hip Hop Styles"- from Street Jazz, Commercial, Popping, Lockin',Waving, Voguing, House to Whacking.

Wow, so many, I hear you say!

Well I've had the privilege of taking the majority of the above, my favourite in being Waving and House so far, but I'm sure i'll add another.

House Dance is a social dance primarily danced to house music that has roots in the clubs of Chicago and of New York. The main elements of House dance include FootworkJacking, and Lofting. House dance is often improvisational in nature and emphasizes on fast and complex foot oriented steps combined with fluid movements in the torso, as well as floor work.






Waving is a transition of energy that passes through the body like a 'Wave of Water" which is what my teacher says at the start of every class, the more you imagine and emulate water the "bodywave" will similarly give an appearance that a wave is traveling up or down the body. It involves flexing muscles along the wave's path and bending knees and ankles.





My Concentration involves 5 Hip-Hop classes, 3 Diverse, 2 Elective and 2 Ballet as well as some mandatory masterclasses. Unfortunately videoing in classes is prohibited so I've linked some videos for you from Youtube, hopefully by the end of the course I'll have some footage of my own.

Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment